Look Good And Feel Great Welcome to the exercise portion of this site. Diet combined with exercise will greatly increase your weight loss and make you physically and mentally healthier. Studies have shown that 30 minutes of aerobic exercise a day will decrease the propensity for depression. Plus, you will look better.
What are the most effective exercises for losing weight? Taking the First Step
- Burpees. This exercise will burn approximately 240 calories in a 125 pound person if the exercise is performed for 30 minutes. It will burn about 280 calories in a 155 pound person over the 30 minute period. For the starting position, place your feet shoulder width with your arms at your sides. Bend your knees and squat. Place your hands on the floor in front of you just inside your feet. Jump back on the balls of your feet remembering to keep your back straight and avoiding sagging your back or keeping your bottom up in the air. Bring your feet back to the starting position just outside your hands and jump in the air with your arms held high. Repeat the process.
- Lunges. This exercise will burn approximately 275 calories in a 150 pound person if the exercise is performed for 30 minutes. Stand up straight with your feet positioned shoulder width. Bring your right (or left) leg forward so that the thigh is parallel to the floor. Your other leg should have the knee almost touching the floor but not quite. Bring your leg back to the standing position, and repeat with your other leg.
- Jump rope. This exercise will burn approximately 10 calories per minute depending on your weight and how fast you are jumping rope. The technique is self explanatory.
- Walking. This exercise will burn about 100 calories per mile for a 180 pound person. For beginning walkers, it is best to increase the distance and work on speed later.
- Running. This exercise will burn about 100 calories per mile for an average weight person. Note that running and walking will burn the same amount of calories per mile.
- Swimming. This exercise will burn about 590 calories in a 130 pound person if they swim for an hour. 704 calories in a 155 pound person per hour. This is an approximation as the number of calories burned depends on the swimmer’s speed.
- Squats. A 150 pound person will burn about 14 calories per minute or 420 calories in 30 minutes. Keep your thighs parallel to the floor when you perform your squat. Going any deeper in the squat will be hard on your knee joints.
- Pushups. Expect about 180 calories burned in 30 minutes for a 150 pound person who is performing the pushups at a moderate pace.
- Situps. 100 situps in 10 minutes will burn 57 calories in a 150 pound person.
Say Goodbye to the Old You
- The above exercises do not require special equipment. If you use weights with some of the above exercises, the amount of calories burned will increase. The faster you perform the exercise, the more calories you will burn. Muscle burns more calories than fat so you will increase your metabolism by exercising, and this will lead to faster weight loss. Other exercises like bicycling are also very effective calorie burners, but again, I wanted to show you exercises which do not require equipment purchases. Remember to consult your physician before undertaking any exercise regimen. If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember that Rome was not built in a day. Be patient and be consistent. You should see results soon if you exercise at least three times a week. Wishing you success, Pablo.